Camping and Alternatives: Camping is available each night of the trip. However, none of the camping locations are typical campgrounds with the usual amenities; showers and restrooms are available at each campsite, but plan on bringing your own towels, shampoo, soap, etc. No motorhomes or campers are allowed.
Alternatives to Camping: Any participant not wanting to use the camp sites are welcome to stay at any of the hotels listed below:
- Comfort Inn – Donaldsonville – 225-254-6006
- Carmel Inn & Suites – Thibodaux – 985-446-0561 – www.carmelinnofla.com
- Hampton Inn & Suites – Thibodaux – 985-446-0900
- Days Inn & Suites – Thibodaux – 985-446-1933
- Holiday Inn Express – Raceland – 985-538-3800
- Cabahanosse Bed & Breakfast – Donaldsonville – 225-474-5050
- Naquin’s Bed & Breakfast in Thibodaux. Please visit http://www.naquinsbb.com OR 985-446-6977
- A Chateau on the Bayou Bed and Breakfast in Raceland, LA on Bayou Lafourche – subject to room availability. Please visit www.achateauonthebayou.com or call 985-537-6773 or 985-413-6773.
Who else knows a good place to stay?
- Assumption Parish Chamber of Commerce:
985-369-2816 or www.assumptionchamber.org
- Lafourche Parish Tourist Commission:
985-537-5800 or www.lafourche-tourism.org
- Thibodaux Chamber of Commerce:
985-446-1187 or http://www.thibodauxchamber.com/
- Ascension Parish Chamber of Commerce:
225-647-7487 or www.ascensionchamber.com
Breakfast: Consists of a continental breakfast including biscuits, juice, breakfast bars, pastries and fresh fruit.
Lunch: Will be served each day around noon at the lunch stop along the route. The menu will be listed in the paddler packet once paddlers are registered.
Dinner: Will be served each day at around 5:30 p.m. at the camping spot for each night. The menu will be listed in the paddler packet once paddlers are registered.